- 2021 Escanaba Public Library Survey– - We want to hear from you about how we can best meet your needs in 2021. Please take a moment to complete this brief survey. Thank you.
- Adult & Teen Winter Reading Bingo starts on Monday, February 22 - The Winter Reading Bingo is open to teens and adults and gives readers a chance to expand their reading horizons with bingo reading challenges. Readers can win one of the five weekly prizes consisting of a basket with an assortment … Continue reading
- Escanaba Library launches WiFi Hotspot lending program - With this new service patrons are invited to “check out the Internet” just as they would check out a book or other library resource. The hotspots are portable, easy to use and provide a connection to the Internet by using … Continue reading
Did you know?
NEW DIGITAL BOOK OPTIONS—
We are now part of an agreement with three large institutions to share access to our Overdrive collections: Lakeland Library Cooperative, Midwest Collaborative for Library Services and the Suburban Library Cooperative. This means that including our 15,000 + titles, our patrons will now have access to over 100,000 titles. This has massively expanded the collection.
More books to choose from, free with your library card.
In order to gain access to these collections using a browser, simply link here on our home page to our ebook/audiobook collections at the Great Lakes Digital Library. You will see links to the sharing libraries at the bottom of the page.
For a short video that explains how this works, link to https://youtu.be/ZUYygnM3PJE
NEW SERVICE—Zoom with a librarian!
Do you need help downloading e-books or audiobooks? Navigating MeL digital resources? Would you like to learn more about searching our online catalog and placing holds? You have questions and we have answers!
Now you can stay home and still interact with library staff. It’s easy!
- Contact us by phone at 906-789-7323 or email at email@example.com to request up to a 30 minute zoom conference
- You will need a computer, tablet or smartphone with a camera, microphone and Internet access. You don’t have to have the software prior to the meeting
- We will schedule a date and time and send you a email with a meeting invitation which will link to your “Zoom with a librarian” meeting.
- For a short tutorial and how to use Zoom, link to https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/zoom/
- In-library technology support is still available via appointment. Contact us if you would prefer this format at 906-789-7323.
Looking for online resources to help your child or teen be successful in school? The Michigan Electronic Library (MeL) has great online eResources for K-12 students .
Explore options for kids like Pebble Go, World Book for Kids, Novelist K-8 Plus, Explora for Elementary Schools and more.
Teens will find help with computers, math, science and social study skills as well as opposing viewpoints and Britannica School. These and many more are available. Follow the link to MeL for Kids and Teens and discover all the great resources Mel has to offer your students.
We are still offering online registration for those in our community who want to use the library’s digital collections, but don’t currently have a card. You can access ebooks, audiobooks and streaming video. You can also access our kids programs online including Bookflix and Tumblebooks. Learn a new language with Mango or browse our online magazines and video streaming service through RBDigital.
Please follow the link below for instructions:
If you are looking for online reading options for children–Click on a graphic below to link to one of these programs!
For more information contact the library at 906-789-7323 or firstname.lastname@example.org