- Live on the Lawn Summer Series! - Join us on Thursdays @ 1:00 p.m. on the north lawn for this summer series “Live on the Lawn” which includes everything from music to art to conversation to Tai Chi. Bring your lawn chair or blanket and spend some … Continue reading
- We’re Hiring! Job opening at the Escanaba Public Library - The Escanaba Public Library is hiring a Library Administrative Assistant II. Link to the City of Escanaba for more information on this exciting opportunity!
- Escanaba Library launches WiFi Hotspot lending program - With this new service patrons are invited to “check out the Internet” just as they would check out a book or other library resource. The hotspots are portable, easy to use and provide a connection to the Internet by using … Continue reading
Did you know?
Very large fish with a prominent bump on its forehead.
MiLibraryQuest: Summer Edition begins June 1st. This is a virtual program in which teens ages 13-18 can learn about unique animals and Michigan libraries. Teens will find descriptions of a variety of animals spread across the websites of participating libraries, which they will enter into their digital field journal for an opportunity to win a prize.
Click on the MiLibraryQuest image to link to the program. More information will be available on the library Facebook and Instagram pages.
NEW DIGITAL BOOK OPTIONS
We are now part of an agreement with three large institutions to share access to our Overdrive collections: Lakeland Library Cooperative, Midwest Collaborative for Library Services and the Suburban Library Cooperative. This means that including our 15,000 + titles, our patrons will now have access to over 100,000 titles. This has massively expanded the collection.
More books to choose from, free with your library card.
In order to gain access to these collections using a browser, simply link here on our home page to our ebook/audiobook collections at the Great Lakes Digital Library. You will see links to the sharing libraries at the bottom of the page.
NEW SERVICE—Zoom with a librarian!
Do you need help downloading e-books or audiobooks? Navigating MeL digital resources? Would you like to learn more about searching our online catalog and placing holds? You have questions and we have answers!
Now you can stay home and still interact with library staff. It’s easy!
- Contact us by phone at 906-789-7323 or email at email@example.com to request up to a 30 minute zoom conference
- You will need a computer, tablet or smartphone with a camera, microphone and Internet access. You don’t have to have the software prior to the meeting
- We will schedule a date and time and send you a email with a meeting invitation which will link to your “Zoom with a librarian” meeting.
- For a short tutorial and how to use Zoom, link to https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/zoom
- In-library technology support is still available via appointment. Contact us if you would prefer this format at 906-789-7323.
Online eResources for K-12 students
Looking for online resources to help your child or teen be successful in school? The Michigan Electronic Library (MeL) has great online eResources for K-12 students .
Explore options for kids like Pebble Go, World Book for Kids, Novelist K-8 Plus, Explora for Elementary Schools and more.
Teens will find help with computers, math, science and social study skills as well as opposing viewpoints and Britannica School. These and many more are available. Follow the link to MeL for Kids and Teens and discover all the great resources Mel has to offer your students.
We are still offering online registration for those in our community who want to use the library’s digital collections, but don’t currently have a card. You can access ebooks, audiobooks and streaming video. You can also access our kids programs online including Bookflix and Tumblebooks. Learn a new language with Mango or browse our online magazines and video streaming service through RBDigital.
Please follow the link below for instructions:
If you are looking for online reading options for children–Click on a graphic below to link to one of these programs!